POD STARTER KITS
REFILLABLE PODS & COILS
Best Vape Pen Heater Coils, What You Should Know
In 2012, manufacturers of vape pens started introducing E Cigarette Heater Coils which could be replaced, and today the vast majority of vape tanks and atomizers have been designed to make changing the coils easy and affordable. However, this only applies to open systems and not closed units.
Replaceable e cigarette heater coils were introduced primarily to save vapers money in the long run, since a non-replaceable clearomizer had to be thrown away once it stopped working, and also to reduce waste. By allowing simply the e cigarette heater coils to be replaced, the clearomizer can be used for years.
How To Shop For The Best Vape Pen Heater Coils?
When you choose a replacement coil head, you need to ensure that you are selecting the correct type to match your vaping device. There are several kinds of coils ranging from top coils with long stems to bottom coils. There are also coils which are made from different types of material and which are best suited to different styles of vaping, and therefore finding the right one to go with your device is essential.
What Do Coil Heads Do?
When heating your e-juice to make a vapor which is then inhaled your device requires a coil head to function as a heater. The coil head features a heating element as well as a wick. Although the design is pretty simple, you cannot use an e-cigarette with no working coil head in place.
What Is In A Coil Head?
If you take a look inside the coil head you’ll observe a coil and wick bundle which heats (or atomizes) your e-juice. You’ll also see either a base housing or a base where the coil and wick are located so that the coil’s wire can connect to the positive and negative terminals and touch the battery pin. You will also see a stem (or flute) that channels the vapor up to the drip tip as well as a seal which keeps the e-juice in the correct place. Which connected properly, these parts work together to create an atomizer which heats up the e-liquid whenever the negative and power points have been connected by activating the fire button.
Types Of Coil Wire
There are many types of wire which can be used in e cigarette heater coils including:
- Kanthal – this is used to vape in wattage mode and is capable of handling high temperatures. Simple to work with, kanthal can be bought in several gauges and offers extremely stable resistance.
- Ni200 coils (nickel) – these coils are used in temperature control mods as they have accurately predictable resistance changes. Vaping with nickel coils ensures consistency of flavor and performance.
- Stainless steel – suitable for use in both TC and wattage vaping modes, stainless steel wire is simpler to work with and has a longer lifespan. It also heats rapidly for instant hits. Stainless steel coils also have a less metallic flavor.
Coils can either be vertical or horizontal although vertical heater coils are now most common since they allow for better air flow for consistent heat. Horizontal coils are less commonly seen these days and may have either an outer or inner wick.
Choosing the right type of coil wire to suit your vaping device and also the right coil design will ensure that your vaping device functions correctly.
What Can Go Wrong?
Although the Best Vape Pen heater coils are pretty simple to use there are a few things which can go wrong.
Firstly, if the seal is incorrectly placed, excess liquid will be allowed to seep onto the coils and in turn, this could result in a leak.
Also if the wick is allowed to burn out it will become ineffective and will produce an unpleasant burned flavor in the mouth. It is inevitable that your coils will burn out eventually since they are designed to be disposable, so you will need to replace yours occasionally. Although leaking issues can be a problem, they are usually down to failures with the seal, either because it is faulty or incorrectly seated.
Not to mention, Seals will occasionally need replacing, however, they are also disposable items.
How Long Should A Coil Last?
Coils only have a very limited lifespan or around 1 to 2 weeks. If you do not vape heavily they can last longer but if you vape with thick e-liquids they will become gunked up more quickly and require earlier replacement. In addition, regular maintenance on a regular basis will help ensure you prolong their life as long as possible.
Keeping the coils moist is important but you should not allow it to become flooded. Burning dry is a bad idea, and even though some users burn their coils dry to keep them clean this is not usually recommended.
How Can Your Maximize Your Best Vape Pen Coils?
There are several tips that you should try to ensure that you get optimal usage out of your coils.
- Know your device’s ohm level – this is important as if you use too high a voltage for your device’s ohm level there will be excess burning and this could potentially caramelize the e-juice onto the coil. This will cause additional burning as well as coil damage and an unpleasant odor and taste.
- If vaping for extended periods or on a regular basis remember that you will almost certainly run out of battery and e-juice much more quickly than you might expect. Be prepared to top up and recharge frequently. Also, be aware that constant vaping will not give your coils any time to recover or cool down and this could result in your coils burning out more rapidly.
- Whenever possible, take breaks or reduce the number of puffs you take in short spaces of time to avoid this happening.
- Know that there are some e-juices which can make the wick work much harder, for example when using a thicker e-liquid, and this could also cause burning.
- Trial and error is often the key and being familiar with your device and its coils is the best way to maximize your usage.
HAVE A PRODUCT QUESTION WE CAN HELP WITH?